Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dingoes at Dinnertime

I read Magic Tree House #20 "Dingoes at Dinnertime" by Mary Pope Osborne. The Magic Tree House series revolves around brother and sister tag team Jack and Annie. In "Dingoes at Dinnertime" Jack and Annie must retrieve a gift from a Kangaroo in Australia in order to free an enchanted dog from a spell They do so by traveling to Australia in a book found in their Magic Tree House which places them in the story. This book was extremely educational. I learned a lot about Australia, it's climate, and the animals that live there. Read the book and find out if Jack and Annie complete their mission while learning some fun facts! Suggested reading level 6-9.

2 comments:

  1. This series is a favorite of many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Magic Tree House series as well. I recently read "Civil War on Sunday", and actually wrote my blog about it. I like how Jack keeps a list of all of the things that he learns, and shares all of his fun facts with the reader, as you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete